Fort Worth Botanical Gardens Wedding
June 13, 2016,Posted in Horizontal, Venue
The Fort Worth Botanical Gardens is a very popular place for nature and flower lovers. It also makes a great backdrop for weddings.
In addition to wooded areas, major garden features include:
- Back Yard Vegetable Garden – Vegetable garden that hosts many educational programs.
- Conservatory (10,000 square feet) – tropical displays of orchids, bromeliads, and trees.
- Four Seasons Garden – Hundreds of iris, daylily, and chrysanthemum varieties.
- Fragrance Garden – small garden build for the seeing impaired with fragrant plants and fountain.
- Fuller Garden – pathways and lawn; site for weddings and garden parties.
- Japanese Garden (7 acres; established 1973) – the Fort Worth Japanese Garden, with three koi ponds, waterfalls, bridges, teahouse, pagodas, pavilions, zen garden, cherry trees, and Japanese maples.
- Lower Rose Garden – rose garden inspired by Villa Lante (Italy).
- Native Texas Boardwalk – A raised path through the trees with educational information along the way.
- Oval Rose Garden – hundreds of roses; renovated 2002.
- Perennial Garden – perennials with culinary herb collection, as well as ponds and small waterfall.
- Rock Springs – Elevated pathways,and bridges over ponds and streams.
- Trial Garden – evaluation site for hundreds of species of perennials.
- Water Conservation Garden – demonstration xeriscape garden.
- Water Wise Entrance – entry garden with agave, Texas sage, salvia greggii, Mexican Bush sage, red yucca and Esparanza.
The Fort Worth Botanical Wedding Venues are a great choice for y our special day.